A PFF Congressional Seminar
April 24, 2009
12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
2322 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
- Michael Palage (Moderator), Adjunct Fellow, The Progress & Freedom Foundation and former ICANN board member
- David Johnson, Visiting Professor of Law, Institute for Information Law and Policy, New York Law School
- Milton Mueller, Professor and Director, Convergence Center, Syracuse University and author of Ruling the Root: Internet Governance and the Taming of Cyberspace
- Mike Roberts, Internet Technology Policy Consultant and former President and CEO of ICANN
- Paul Twomey, President and CEO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
As the Internet has become the backbone of our Digital Age economy, the issue of "governance" has taken on a new importance. What's next for the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the non-profit corporation responsible for coordinating administration of the domain name system? New developments and possible policy implications will be discussed at "ICANN & Internet Governance: How Did We Get Here & Where Are We Heading?" a congressional seminar hosted by The Progress & Freedom Foundation. A panel of recognized experts discusses the history and evolution of ICANN and debate such topics as the proposal for new top level domains, domain name system security, and ICANN's future after the expiration of its Joint Project Agreement/Memorandum of Understanding with the Commerce Department.